I have a serious crush on hot chili sauce! Almost all meals become better when served with chili sauce. One favourite in our house is the famous Sriracha Sauce which I consume in the same way as I used to consume ketchup as a child. Another favourite is my homemade Hot Chili & Cilantro Sauce. It is full of flavour from fresh cilantro,chili, garlic, lime and smoked paprika. It is great with almost any vegetable dish but it tastes especially good with dishes inspired by the Latin and Indian kitchen. My husband believes Hot Chili & Cilantro Sauce is my tastiest invention so far and that I should bottle it and sell it. We will see about that, but I do know that it is highly addictive. Once you’ve had some you want more and more and more…
Hot Chili & Cilantro Sauce
- 2 pots of fresh cilantro (2 store bought pots or the same amount from bulk or home grown)
- 3-5 hot chili
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 scallion
- a big pinch of smoked paprika
- juice from 1 lime
- 7 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3/4 tsp salt
1. Chop the cilantro, garlic, chili and scallion roughly and place all of it in a food processor. Mix until everything is in small pieces.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and continue to mix until you get a fairly smooth sauce.
3. Pour the sauce into a sterilized bottle or jar and keep it in your refrigerator. It will stay fine for at least one week. Enjoy!